I always grew up with a garden: from time I can remember from at least. Once I lived in a house where I was able to have a garden again I couldn't wait to get started planting! Needless to say, growing here in South Carolina is a lot different than it is in Michigan where I grew up...
There were a lot of learning moments in that first year of gardening. Some things did well, others did not. The one thing that did REALLY well though was the peppers.
The second year I decided that I would plant more peppers to fill my garden. I planted only 3 types: jalapenos, habaneros, and a Carolina Reaper. I had so many peppers I didn't know what to do with them all! I decided on Hot Sauce.
Long story short, the hot sauces went over so well that I been making them ever since! I've expanded my pepper varieties and number plants. In 2018, I planted 36 plants in total in 17 different varieties. That's a lot of peppers! From those I was able to make 72 bottles of hot sauce and 13 containers of Hot Pepper Salts (which was a new experiment for the year).
So with 2019, I am doing it all again! After trying out several different species last year and learning about them I will keep a high number of overall plants but limit myself more on the types. Additionally, this year I plan to experiment with pepper ferments and compare the end results to a traditional hot sauce.
To follow along with where I am in the pepper cycle of the year, you can 'Follow the Peppers' below. To see a list of past sauces or to keep an eye out for when new items arrive this year, you can find the listing at the bottom of the page.
This year I do intend to sell the sauces and salts, prices are as follows:
Before the purchase of any pepper product, please see our Legal Disclaimer.
For a list of items available, click the link below to take you to the bottom of the page.
January 12, 2019
Seeds have been planted! In all there are 49 peppers in 11 different varieties. This will be another busy year!
January 23, 2019
The first sprout has appeared! A small Burmese Bird has graced us with it's presence and others follow closely behind!
March 2, 2019
The seedlings are large enough and they have moved to soil: still indoors on a heating mat. (And in a mini-prison to protect from cats.)
April 23, 2019
The peppers have graduated and moved outside to enjoy all the warm weather. Now it's time to watch them grow!
Slow and Steady. Not all the peppers will come ripe at the same time so I will spend the next couple months picking them.
The time of the plants is over and the peppers are ready to be transformed into something delicious!
I agree, as indicated by my opening this bottle, as follows in connection with my purchase of this product:
1. Due to the extreme hot nature of this product, this product shall be used as a food additive. This product can cause serious injury if directly consumed, ingested or applied to the body.
2. Due to the extreme hot nature of this product, this product shall be used with extreme care in very small amounts only.
3. This product is to be used at my own risk, and I am fully understand the potential danger if used or handled improperly.
4. If I give this product as a gift, I will make the recipient fully aware of the potential danger if used or handled improperly.
5. I hereby disclaim, release and relinquish any and all claims, actions and lawsuits that I, or any of my dependents, heirs, family members or legal representatives, may have against any party relating to any damage or injury that may Result, or is alleged to have resulted, from the use, consumption, ingestion, contact or other use of or from the product.
6. I am not inebriated or otherwise not of a sound mind, and I fully able to make a sound decision about the purchase of this product.
Sign up stay up to date on hot sauce releases and recipes!